In brief 🩲
- Is it better if things change, or stay the same?
- Listen to Notes from a small house II, the latest podcast for your ears
- Or you can read Notes from a small house II, if you prefer using eyes
- If you show off too much it will come back to bite you
- Instagram is a whirlpool in which we could be trapped together
- Kids’ books can devolve into subversive darkness pretty quick
Is it better if things change, or stay the same?
I first heard the phrase “a change is as good as a holiday” from a former colleague I’ll call Derrick. We were moving desks in the office around. I thought that Derrick was joking, but when I looked over he seemed ecstatic about the prospect of sitting somewhere different. As for me, it didn’t matter where I sat: I would have taken the holiday, if I’d been given the choice. I guess it depends on what kind of change. Or what kind of holiday.